Mwahaha! I have blogging rights. People are now letting me put stuff up on the internet unfettered and unedited. That’s a lot of trust guys…Are you sure about this?
I start my Buffet blogging adventure with a big massive unpaid for endorsement of Katy Schutte’s The Improvisor’s Way Course. 3 of us own the book, and it was instrumental in helping us in creating our own form, and becoming a better team. So I thought I’d do a wee write up…
Katy is an inspirational improviser, comedian and a legend. She’s a fantastic teacher and I’m lucky enough to have had taken three courses with her. All with Hoopla. So what can you expect if you take the course? **SPOILERS** (Kind of/not really)
- You’re going to have a tonne of fun – It’s improv. If it’s not fun, you’re doing it wrong – Or something.
- You’re going to meet some awesome people – I was really lucky to hang out with people I learned from every week, and people I got excited to watch on stage and in class.
- You’re going to have more time to deconstruct improv – I liked having time at the start to check-in with everyone. This is something that most courses just don’t have the time to accommodate.
- You’re going to have a coursebook – Remember that 2nd year French workbook you had. Mais Non! This one’s not shit, and you’ll learn something!
- You’re going to find your comfort zone – You’ll find out what kind of improviser you are, and enjoy doing more of the things you enjoy
- You’re going to get the fuck out of your comfort zone – And you’re going to like it, whether you like it or not.
- You’re going to get a bunch performance time – You’ll get two great opportunities to get some stage time on this course, and get some great feedback on your form, and your performance.
- You’re more than likely going to have yet another Whatsapp group to make it look like you’ve got loads of friends constantly messaging you.
- You’re going to feel good about your improv.
- You’re going to laugh a lot
This is the first course I’ve ever reviewed, because it’s the first time someone’s given me a WordPress account that I don’t need to log-into an FTP for. But it’s also just an awesome course, that I’d highly recommend to anyone looking to find their way in improv.
Thanks Katy! You’ll have another Buffeteer joining you on the next course too.
Here’s some links and that:
Book the course through Hoopla (Sold out – Sorry pal)
Book the London Intensive in June.
The only Canadian that was kicked out of his country for being too polite. He is incredibly loud and protective of his bike.